Sophos SafeGuard Enterprise - Partner Connect
Endpoint Security and Data Security Policy Management
SafeGuard Partner Connect is a module of SafeGuard Enterprise, Sophos's centralized solution for managing data security in mixed IT environments. Together, SafeGuard Enterprise Partner Connect and the Management Center provide cross-platform administration and management of third-party endpoint security products such as BitLocker Drive Encryption clients (in Windows 7 and Vista).
BitLocker is a data protection feature available in Windows 7 and Windows Vista (Enterprise and Ultimate editions). BitLocker encrypts the entire Windows operating system volume on the hard disk, as well as all user files and system files in the operating system volume, including the swap and hibernation files.
- In combination with other SafeGuard Enterprise modules, Partner Connect enforces consistent data security policies even in mixed operating system environments (Windows 2000, XP, Vista and 7) and mixed device environments (including laptops, desktops, USB portable media, recordable CD/DVDs, external hard disks).
- Administration is easy with the help of the cross-platform management console.
- SafeGuard Enterprise enables secure productivity by unifying key management tasks (sharing, recovery) for BitLocker, removable media and full disk encryption across platforms.
- The solution assures compliance with centralized log reports for audit and legal requirements.
- Leverage existing investments in Microsoft infrastructure: SafeGuard Enterprise utilizes Microsoft's enterprise products including Active Directory, SQL Server, Windows Server and IIS.
- Sophos is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner with security competency.
- Encryption policies for BitLocker and non-BitLocker devices are centrally enforced from a single console.
- User/computer information is imported via integration with directory services (e.g., Microsoft Active Directory).
- Manage and audit a mixed environment of encryption types and platforms (e.g., BitLocker, non-BitLocker PCs) from a single console.
- BitLocker encrypted clients can be further secured with SafeGuard Enterprise's advanced removable media encryption and port control functionality-all managed from one central console.
- Advanced XML/SOAP protocols facilitate communication with SafeGuard Management Center.
- Centralized key management is provided for data recovery and sharing.
- A joint central logging repository is available for events created by BitLocker and non-BitLocker clients (encryption status, administrator, user, device and other related events).
Easy, centrally managed installation
- Installation packages can be distributed and installed centrally and unattended via standard MSI packages.
- Network rollout is easy-user involvement is not required.
Operating systems (32 and 64 bit)
- Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise or Ultimate editions with BitLocker Drive Encryption
- Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise or Ultimate editions with BitLocker Drive Encryption (SP 1, SP 2)
Standards and protocols
- Symmetrical encryption: AES 128 or 256 bit (with/without Diffuser)
- Data transfer: SOAP, XML, SSL, LDAP
- Interoperability: TPM
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Unicode-based support for local languages Product requirements
- SafeGuard Enterprise Management Center
Download the Sophos SafeGuard Enterprise Partner Connect Data Sheet (PDF).