Sophos Mobile Standard
Secure, monitor and control mobile devices
Sorry, this product is no longer available, Please contact us for a replacement.
For IT professionals that want to enable mobility, Sophos Mobile Control (SMC) manages and secures mobile devices, content, and applications. We take a user-centric approach, delivering the simplest experience for users and administrators. SMC is the only Enterprise Mobility Management solution using a user-based approach while providing individual file encryption on mobile devices.
Stop Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) from becoming an IT nightmare, and choose the delivery model that suits your needs.
- Single solution for all the latest mobile platforms
- A simple role-based web console
- Push out policies and apps over the air
- Assign policies based on the users Active Directory groups
- Regularly checks for device compliance
- Remotely locate, lock and wipe devices
- Mobile content on iOS devices
- Filter web pages by category on Android devices
- On-premise and SaaS deployment options
Data Protection that doesn't end at your office door
With Mobile Content Management (MCM), Sophos Mobile Control ensures each document connected to the server remains secure, allowing your users to remain productive by collaborating safely. Gated entry to each file allows organizations to rest assured that their documents and data remain safe-not just in the office, but anywhere and everywhere their users go. You'll also be able to ensure compliance by maintaining control of what apps are being installed. An overview of all mobile devices in your company shows you the device model, OS version and many other properties of the device.
Mobile devices are simply tiny computers traveling everywhere with users; hence, mobile devices need the same level of antivirus protection. And Sophos is the only vendor to provide integrated antivirus and Web Filtering for Android devices. Our Mobile Security app seamlessly integrates into your SMC console. Centrally manage your malware protection, keeping your Android users safe from malicious apps, websites and other threats. Our built- in Web Filtering also allows you to prevent your users from accessing malicious websites.
Network access control
Reduce your risk of data breaches by setting SMC to block network access based on the device's compliance status. Automatically detect mobile devices the moment they connect to your network, and block unauthorised users and devices from the network.
What's new in Sophos Mobile Control 4.0?
Version 4.0 ensures that your data protection doesn't end at the office door. Our MCM gives your iOS users a secure way to access, store and view documents, protecting them from unauthorised distribution. We individually encrypt each file, making sure your data is secure. SMC also integrates with Sophos UTM, Checkpoint and Cisco, keeping your networks protected. If a device is rendered non-compliant, network access is revoked. You can also Filter web access on your Android devices based on categories. Make sure that your user's devices and the data on them-are always safe.
Mobile Device Management (MDM)
- Manage and control iOS, Android (including Samsung SAFE), Windows Phone 8 and other device types
- Configure device policies and deploy them over-the-air
- Enforce built-in security features such as passcodes and device encryption
- Full loss and theft protection with lock, wipe and locate
- Set up group-based compliance policies
Mobile Content Management (MCM)
- Transparent encryption of each file keeps documents and data safe-not just in the office, but everywhere their users go
- Leverages Sophos' Mobile Encryption app, which can be centrally managed through the SMC console
- Accesses content from various cloud storage providers like Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Egnyte and various WebDAV compatible solutions
Mobile Application Management (MAM)
- Securely distribute apps to individual users or groups
- Deploy iOS managed apps for added control over app data
- Password protect apps accessing corporate data for extra security
- Blacklist apps that might be risky or time-wasting
- Supports enterprise purchasing of apps via Apple's Volume Purchasing (VPP)
Mobile Email Management (MEM)
- Distribute email settings, getting your users productive in minutes
- Control access to e-mail via a secure email gateway based on the device posture
- Supports email containers like Nitrodesk Touchdown
- Selective wipe all corporate emails, once a user leaves the company
Anti-malware and Web Filtering for Android
- Automatically scans all newly installed apps for malware
- Quarantines infected devices
- Protects users from accessing malicious websites and blocks web pages by category
Controlled Network Access
- Constantly monitors device health and detects jailbreaks, blacklisted apps or insecure settings
- Integration with Sophos UTM enables admins to block Wi-Fi and VPN access based on compliance status of the device
- Out-of-the-box interfaces to control network access via Checkpoint and Cisco ISE
Supported Mobile Operating Systems
- Apple iOS 4 and higher for iPhone and iPad
- Google Android 2.2 and higher for Smartphones
- Google Android 3.0 and higher for Tablets
- Google Android 4.0 and higher for Smartphones and Tablets
- Windows Mobile 6.1 and higher
- RIM BlackBerry (through BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0.3 or higher)
System requirements for Server
- Windows 2003 or 2008 Server
- Java JDK 1.6_20
- MS SQL Server 2005 or 2008
Download the Sophos Mobile Control Data Sheet (PDF).
- All Prices are Inclusive of GST
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.